Friday, March 5, 2010

Milestones

I think this little man is on his way to being able to roll over. This is his new favorite position. He cranks his head as far back as it will go and kicks his legs up while he arches his back. I'm pretty soon it's going to surprise him when he ends up on his belly all of the sudden. Just seeing him get to this stage got me all excited. I'm sure when he rolls over it'll be even more exciting. I am grateful that I get to be a stay at home mom to be there for the little moments like this where I get to witness him reach milestones in his development.

I love the little sly smile he has on his face in this picture while hugging his dog. My talented friend Cambria made this little dog. Isn't it the cutest thing?!

Carson is such a happy little boy. Every morning I am greeted with a big gummy grin. He is just full of energy in the morning and will laugh and play non-stop for about an hour like this:
And will go from this
To this in about a minute.
Completely zonked out.

11 comments:

Marcie said...

Mich he is so sweet and so cute! Being greated by those little smiles is such a precious thing. Im so happy you get to be there for all his little milestones, I know he brings you so much JOY!

MomMitchell said...

Love those pictures!! Can't wait for you to all get here, THEN I will spoil him!!! He is really growing and so happy. GLad you get to styay at home with him. Love you all

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

SO CUTE!! Love, LOVE, Love this stage!!! He is such a Sweetie!!! I'm glad you get to say home too - hooray for our good hubbies!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

Awww. I miss gummy smiles. What a cute little guy. They grow up WAY too fast.

Todd and Melissa said...

What a sweetheart! I love the morning grins too. Izzie is full of 'em! Here's to hoping we get to see you while you're here. I say a cousin party needs to happen!

Heather said...

That is too funny that he falls asleep so fast like that! I love getting to see him change and hangout with you! He is so CUTE!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Oh, he is such a handsome little guy! They can fall asleep anywhere when they are little! I'm glad he is such a happy boy and that you get to stay home with him and watch him grow. Isn't it the BEST?!?

Your mom said you get to come and visit soon and I heard you are training for a race. You are so good for getting right back into the swing of exercising. I can still picture you and your dad making your crazy health food shakes in the kitchen! Hope you have a fun trip home!

Erica said...

Oh, I can't wait to see him again this weekend!! When Chad graduates you three need to move back to Utah so I can babysit for you (and go shopping with you)! Love ya :)

Aria said...

Carson seems like such a good natured little baby! Yay for rolling over! That is so great that he can play by himself for so long and then just fall asleep on his own. Elijah fights sleep tooth and nail - it's always been tough for us to put him down. Even now, we have to rock him to sleep every night or he'll just scream for hours.

Sofia Dowse said...

Hey Michelle - just checking up and how things are going with your darling family! So, how are things going? Carson is sooo cute and I can tell he's full of personality - how fun! I miss you!

Byron and Bess said...

i love that first pic, what a cuuutiiee