I have never been a person that enjoys watching the news. I find it depressing in some ways to hear all the terrible things that are going on in our world. I know it's good to be an informed person, but I can usually only handle a few minutes of it. I'm even worse when it comes to talk radio. I have to admit that I usually get bored out of my skull listening to it. I have never listened to it by my own choice. I happen to love listening to music. It relaxes me, it pumps me up, it inspires me, etc, etc. I love to be able to find a good song that matches my mood. Chad is also a music lover and loves to just sing his little heart out. However, his second love goes to news/talk radio. Gag me! I have to admit that sometimes I complain about listening to it, but I will still listen to it and occasionally hear something interesting that really catches my attention.-I rarely admit this to Chad in fear that he will make me listen to it full time. haha So this morning Chad happened to be listening to the news on the radio on the way to drop me off at work. I was listening along wishing I was jamming out to some good tunes instead. I went on my merry little way to work and went through my day. My co-worker usually gives me the newspaper everyday and everyday I browse the front page...and that's about as far as I go unless something really, really grabs my attention. Well today I am happy to report that I already knew about everything that was on the front page thanks to the morning news! I confess that I was a little excited that I knew what was going on in the world. Maybe Chad is slowly converting me to the news side of radio! Oh no! I never thought that would happen! I can't say that I'm going to start listening to news radio by myself anytime soon, but maybe I will just appreciate it a bit more when Chad flips it on.
3 comments:
Yay, Michelle! haha It's kind of fun to know what's going on in the world! You may be converted yet! heehee I actually really enjoy listening to NPR...I don't think I've ever tried any other radio news stations.
Oh no! Not the news!!! :)
This is a sure sign that you are getting older and more mature. I'm with you though - I hate talk radio!
Post a Comment