Friday, November 7, 2008

Lists of the day

My cousin Lori did a post about lists and I just loved it. I am also a big list person. It must be a Petterborg thing. I love to make lists at work and at home. However, my favorite part about making the lists is being able to cross items off after I have accomplished that task. I have decided to make a list of things I want to do while I am here in Nebraska for the next three years. So here it goes:

1. Go to a Husker's football game
2. Visit the tractor museum (that's just so I can say I've been there)
3. Go to the Lincoln Zoo
4. Go to the Omaha Zoo
5. Go to the Winter Quarters temple as often as possible
6. Run on the Lincoln trails
7. Go to the Farmer's Market
8. Go to the aerospace museum
9. Go to World's of Fun (We are going for sure next year Jana!)
10. Ok I'll be honest, I'm already running out of things to put on my to do list. Maybe those of you who've been here in Nebraska a little bit longer can help me out because I'm fresh out of ideas. :)

Here are some lists of favorites and other random things about me:

Favorite Movies to watch:
1. Rocky IV
2. I love Lucy
3. Two Weeks Notice

Favorite Movies to quote:
1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Tommy Boy
4. Cars (just kidding this is actually Chad's favorite)

Favorite TV shows (that I would watch if we got television):
1. The Office
2. One Tree Hill

Favorite places to visit:
1. Disneyland
2. Hawaii
3. Bear Lake
4. Denmark
5. Sweden

Places I want to visit (outside the US):
1. Italy
2. England
3. France and pretty much the rest of Europe
4. Africa
5. South America

Things I do when I watch TV:
1. Cuddle with Chad
2. Sleep
3. Exercise

Pet Peeves:
1. People singing the wrong words to songs
2. People putting their feet too close to me (I have feet issues)

Books I love to read:
1. Anita Stanfield novels
2. The Twilight books

Favorite Disney Movies:
1. Mulan
2. Toy Story
3. Robin Hood
4. I pretty much love all Disney movies

Favorite music to listen to:
1. Rascal Flatts
2. Keith Urban
3. The Wicked soundtrack

Chores I don't mind doing:
1. Cleaning the kitchen
2. Toilets (I know I'm weird)

Chores I hate doing:
1. Ironing
2. Cleaning the shower

Stores I love:
1. Target
2. Charlotte Russe
3. Forever Young

Things I love to buy:
1. Shoes
2. Sweaters
3. Jeans

Things I want to learn to do:
1. Get better at wake boarding
2. Speak better Russian
3. Make good rolls

Things I love to do with Chad:
1. Cuddle
2. Tickle wars
3. Watch I love Lucy
4. Ride a tandom bike
5. Go on walks
6. Swing on the swings

Things I have learned this week:
1. Never to get an account with US Bank
2. Entertaining kids for 4 hours of church meetings is hard
3. Go to the eye doctor right away when your eye is irritated

Things to do today:
1. Exercise (checked that one off already)
2. Work (thank goodness it's Friday!)
3. Make dinner
4. Fold laundry
5. Go to the temple

Since our trip to the temple is over an hour each way that knocks out a good portion of our day so I think that is as long as the list is going to get for today.

10 comments:

Aria said...

Lists are so great! I love that you made lists of all the things you want to do while you are in NE. I need to do that while we are here in Arkansas--believe it or not, there are several things that I want to go see that I've never seen before. AND, Michelle, my dear, I hope you are watching the Office. You can get the episodes online for FREE on nbc.com and I have to say, I just watched last night's episode and it was...pure genius. That is all I have to say about that. :) Miss you girl!

Megan said...

I have something you can add to your places to visit. The Cushman Motor Scooter plant is in Nebraska. I can't remember what city, but I can check with Norm and let you know. I have had the honor of visiting the plant myself. Okay, maybe not the honor... :)
You don't mind cleaning the toilets?? Come on over!

Erica said...

Burgin boys and rolls.... You should talk to Megan about making rolls. Apparently Alex and Chad have a thing for the right kind of roll. Haha we can all practice at Thanksgiving! Looking forward to seeing you there :)

Michelle said...

What a fun idea! You will have to post pics of all of the fun places you visit. You are so darling Michelle! I miss you!

Chaleese said...

I just wanted to let you know, that I am making my blog private. If you would like an invite just leave me your e-mail on my blog! Thanks! I love looking at yours! You 2 are way cute!

ashley and wes said...

Hey!!!! I love reading these posts, it helps you get to know people better!!! Um, you speak RUSSIAN... who are you?!!?! AND f.y.i., you can come clean our toilets ANYTIME!!(its my least favorite)!
ps. im excited for the girls night out to the TWILIGHT movie... its gonna be the bomb!

Jana said...

Yes, we are totally going to WOF. Until then....we have the tractor museum.

Courtney said...

We have so been meaning to go to the Tractor Museum, and we love the Omaha Zoo (I even bought a year pass.) If you like quilts at all the International Quilt Study Center (on East Campus) is pretty cool. The dairy store on east campus has fun treats.

Todd and Melissa said...

I also love lists. You've got some great stuff on yours. Maybe I should make some lists too.

Are you coming to Utah for Christmas or will you still be in NE?

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I actually hate cleaning toilets, but love a clean toilet - maybe you should come over sometime?!? LOVED your list:) I will send you an invite to my blog - hope I have your right addres!