Friday, November 28, 2008

GO UTES!




I know I'm slow about getting around to posting this about the big game, but life has been pretty crazy lately and so here it is finally.  Last Saturday was the BYU/Utah game.  Which is a big deal not only because they are rival teams and it's one of the biggest games of the year in Utah, but also for the fact that Chad is a BYU fan and I am a Utah fan.  We are both determined as well that our team is better than the other.  But we all know who the truly good team is of course....Utah!  Sorry for all of you out there that are not Utah fans, but I just had to say it.  On the day of the big game we were fortunate enough to be invited to a party to watch the big game.  I say fortunate because this party was being held at our friends apt. and they are huge U of U fans.  They were only going to invite people who were fellow U of U fans, but they made an exception with us since we are a mixed U of U and BYU couple.  Lucky us!  They even allowed Chad to wear his BYU shirt, but they said they reserved the right to make him remove it at any time.  The rest of us were all decked out in our finest U of U apparel to show our support.  It was such a great game!  I loved being able to watch it, although I wished even more that I could've been there.  I love watching football!  I was so happy that the U came through with a great win over the Cougars.  Way to make me proud!  

6 comments:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

We are SOOOO happy the Utes won - we were there and were thrilled during the 4th quarter - At least Chad fits in with half of your fam - GO UTES!!!

Todd and Melissa said...

Todd was sad for about 5 minutes after BYU lost, but then he surprisingly bounced back and seemed fine. I was worried it would be a long weekend with the loss, but thank goodness it wasn't!

P.S. Your hair looks cute that color! Did you dye it?

Marcie said...

All I can say is BOO! BOO to this post. Chad I got your back!

Aria said...

You hair is way cute! I'm glad you got to watch the game!

Erica said...

Michelle, I had a blast this Thanksgiving! It was really great to spend some more time with you. You are fabulous, and I'm so happy you and Chad found each other! Oh, and I have to say, I wore my boots to work yesterday and when I got home and was getting my mail, a guy in my ward most definitely said he liked my boots, as he checked me out. :) Good luck fighting the Nebraska wind!

Mitchell Family said...

coming from a split U/Y relationship as well, all I can say is sweet victory. You'll have to help me with my poor children, they are growing up so confused.